Intrinsically Safe Combination Sounder & Beacon
IS-MC1 Intrinsically Safe Alarm Sounder & Beacon Combination
- Adds an array of six high-intensity LEDs
- Prismatic lens in choice of five colors
- Double flash at once or twice per second
The IS-MA1 is an economical alarm sounder designed for use in hazardous locations with power and control via commonly available safety barriers. A choice of 49 user selectable tones, plus second and third stage alerts enable unique signaling protocols to suit the location and process. An internal volume control is provided.
The addition of a flashing beacon on the IS-MC1 provides two modes of notification for an even greater level of safety. The sounder and beacon can be controlled in unison, or individually.
The IS-M Series are ideal for use in fire & gas detection and alarm systems, and the certification provides for the inclusion of end-of-line resistors.
Also see the companion stand-alone IS-MB1 beacon…click here
Mark of certification to GOST-R standards
IS-M Series Specifications
IS-MC1 Combined Sounder & Beacon
Factory Mutual: Class I, Division 1, Grp A-D; Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia IIC T4 ATEX & IECEx: II 1G EEx ia IIC T4 (-40°C<=Ta<=+60°C) GOST-R: 0ExiaIICT4 IP65 -40°C to +60°C
16-28VDC via Zener or galvanically isolated safety barrier
|Current Draw||25mA typical when powered from 24VDC via asafety barrier; sounder has internal current limiting and reverse current protection||25mA each typical for beacon and sounder powered from 24VDC via separate safety barriers, 30mA total typical when beacon and sounder are powered from a common barrier; unit has internal current limiting and reverse current protection|
|Alarm Sound Output|
100 dB(A) @ 1 m; effective range up to 130′ / 40 m @ 1kHZ Internal volume control
|Alarm Sound Modes|
49 user selectable tones, in up to 3 stages (PFEER/UKOOA compliant) Hear Sample Alarm Tones
|Light Source||Six high intensity LEDs with prismatic lens to optimize LED visibility|
|Light Output||23cd, double flash in two configurable modes: 1Hz/2Hz|
|Lens Colors||Red, orange/amber, green, blue, clear|
|Dimensions||3.90″ h x 3.50″ dia. plus 0.25″ lens fastener protrusion; 99 h x 88.7 dia. plus 6.3 lens fastener protrusion (mm)||4.60″ h x 3.50″ dia. plus 0.25″ lens fastener protrusion; 116 h x 88.7 dia. plus 6.3 lens fastener protrusion (mm)|
-40 to +140°F / -40 to +60°C
|Environmental||Ingress protection: IP65 Housing material: UL94V0 & 5VA FR ABS Relative humidity: 90% max. @ 68°F / 20°C||Ingress protection: IP65 Housing material: UL94V0 & 5VA FR ABS Lens material: polycarbonate. Relative humidity: 90% max. @ 68°F / 20°C|
2x M20 knockouts
End-of-line (EOL) resistor certified for fire & gas alarm systems
IS-MA1 Barrier Recommendations
- Option 1 – single sounder installation: The IS-MA1 Sounder requires a single intrinsic safety barrier with safety/entity parameters not exceeding the following values: Uo/Voc=28V, Io/Isc=93mA, Po/Po=660mW.
- Option 2 – multiple sounders, use of multi-channel barrier for economy:
IS-MC1 Barrier Recommendations
- Option 1 – mutual two-wire power connection:
Note that failure of the single barrier will negate both alarm notification modes.
- Option 2 – high integrity four-wire connection, beacon and sounder powered separately:
- The beacon requires a single intrinsic safety barrier with safety/entity parameters not exceeding the following values:Uo/Voc=28V, Io/Isc=660mA, Po/Po=1.2W.Suitable barrier:GMI D1048S / D1049S / D5048S / D5049S using output “A” terminals in each case.
- The sounder requires a single intrinsic safety barrier with safety/entity parameters not exceeding the following values:Uo/Voc=28V, Io/Isc=93mA, Po/Po=660mW.
- Suitable barrier: GMI D1048S / D1049S / D5048S / D5049S using output “C” terminals in each case.
Note that the failure of one barrier will leave the other alarm notification mode working.
- Option 3 – multiple IS-MC1 beacon & sounder combos, use of multi-channel barrier for economy: